The Investigations Division focuses on all major crime categories including:
- Major Thefts
- Sexual Assault
The Investigations Division is staffed by two Detectives and one supervisor, a Detective Sergeant. The Glenwood Springs Police Department also has an officer assigned to the Two Rivers Drug Enforcement Team (TRIDENT), a multi-agency Drug Task Force that operates throughout the 9th Judicial District.
The Detective’s primary responsibilities include:
- Collection, storing and processing of evidence
- Conducting interviews and interrogations of suspects, witnesses and victims
- Crime scene management
- Operation of specialized equipment
- Preparation of warrants, affidavits and other official documents
Along with crimes usually associated with resort communities we are seeing an increase in property crime, such as residential and business burglaries and vehicle break-in’s.
Patrol Officers complete the initial reports; however, cases that are complex in nature or that will require substantial time and resources are assigned to investigations.
The Investigations Division schedule is designed to be flexible so that:
- They are available to assist the Patrol Division as much as possible
- To conduct proactive enforcement operations
Glenwood Springs Police Department Investigators are part of the 9th Judicial District Critical Incident Team.